Diabetes: Glucose Monitors and Test Strips
Talk with FDA expert Courtney Lias and Patient Advocate Bennet Dunlap about Glucose Monitors and Test Strips
Monday, March 31, 1:30–2:30 pm (EDT)
Talk, share, and connect with the
FDA and the Diabetes Patient Community
- Do you want to learn more about the role of the FDA in the regulation of medical devices, such as glucose meters and test strips, used in the management of diabetes?
- Do you want to learn what the FDA is doing to increase the accuracy of blood glucose monitors and test strips?
When you participate in this friendly online chat, you will:
- Enjoy an informal, open discussion with a fellow patient advocate, CDRH subject-matter-expert and others in the diabetes community.
- Learn more about the role of the Center for Devices and Radiological Health, specifically the Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and its work to ensure the safety and effectiveness of medical devices used in the management of diabetes.
- Get your questions answered about the newest FDA draft guidances, which are proposing new recommendations intended to improve the accuracy and safe use of blood glucose monitoring test systems, giving health care providers and people with diabetes better tools to manage blood glucose levels.
Whether you want to just listen to the interview to get informed, ask relevant questions to better understand the medical device regulatory process or just speak your mind on the newest draft guidance document…. you should join in the conversation.
Mark your calendars and be sure to join us on March 31st, 2014.